- 1kg Magnolia Chicken Smart Packs (drumsticks, chicken thighs and wings) x 3 sets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp crush garlic
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup soy sauce (Datu Puti brand, adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup vinegar (Datu Puti brand, adjust to taste)
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning powder
- 3 bird’s eye chillies (optional)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Spring onions for garnish (optional)
- Fresh bay leaves for garnish
- Knife and chopping board
- Bowls and small dish
- Deep work pan with cover
- Large bowl to marinate meat
- Marinate 1kg Magnolia Chicken (chicken drumsticks, thighs and wings) with ½ cup soy sauce (adjust to taste) and 2 tbsp crush garlic. Mix well and set aside for at least 1 hour or longer.
- In a pan, brown chicken with 1 tbsp oil.
- Mix in a bowl the marinating liquid with 1 medium onion (sliced), 1 tbsp black peppercorns, 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp dried oregano and 300 ml chicken stock.
- Add mixture to chicken, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour or longer until meat is fork tender.
- Add ¼ cup vinegar (to taste) and sugar (to taste) cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with spring onions / fresh bay leaves and bird’s eye chillies