Tom Yum Goong Recipe (Hot & Sour Soup)
- 300g prawns
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 1 small white onion
- 1 litre water
- 2 stalk lemongrass
- 20g sliced blue ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 3-5 bird’s eye chillies (seed removed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chilli jam / nahm prik pao (adjust to preference)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp fish sauce (adjust to preference)
- 5 lime (juice, adjust to preference)
- 1 cup coriander
- Metal ladle
- Knife and chopping board
- Bowls and small dish
- Bring 1 litre of water to boil in a pot
- Remove outer layer from 2 sticks lemongrass, flatten with knife, cut into 3cm pieces and add to boiling water
- Add to pot 1 tbsp chilli jam / nahm prik pao, 20g sliced blue ginger, 6 kaffir lime leaves, 2 cloves garlic sliced, 3-5 bird’s eye chillies cut into halves with seeds removed. Boil for 10 minutes
- Add in 1 tomato sliced, 1 small white onion(chopped), 150g oyster mushrooms and 300g prawns.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes or until prawns are cooked.
- Add 4 tbsp fish sauce and 2 tsp sugar.
- Turn off the heat and add juice from 5 limes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.